Keep on the Shadowfell

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Alzor Flaninius on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm

"Its a start at least. We have nothing else to go on. So we mind as well go to the quarry after talking to the lord." said Alzor

Alzor Flaninius

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Gutwrench Fizzlebottom on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 am

"I think that's an excellent idea, Derek! Or, uh... you." says Gutwrench, shrugging. "But first... we must celebrate!"

He raises his fresh mug of ale into the air, indicating to his friends and the rest of the bar that he is ready... to party!
avatar
Gutwrench Fizzlebottom

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4727

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Avien Flightsthane on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

Taking in the tempest of new information and smiling at the possibility of how close he may be to Douven, he takes a large swig from his tankard, laughs at the gnomes obvious inebriated state. A gurgling burp emerged from his unwillingly open mouth, a tiny lattice-work of lightning dancing just being his teeth. Pounding a fist against his chest, he murmured " Scuse me!" to no one in particular. Unable to help himself, Avien clamoured to his feet, his plate hindering his movements, oddly enough, the ale seemed to be working its wicked ways on him, despite his size. Go figure, raised in a temple, has no tolerance. Sitting down heavily next to the happy little feller (Gutwrench), he entertained himself by trying to aim the shards of lightning that escaped his lips each time he burped, a result of the ale, through reginalds eye sockets!
avatar
Avien Flightsthane

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-06-26

View user profile http://www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dnd/cblaunch

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 am

After a long night of feasting and drinking you awake in the morrow. Some of you find yourself in your beds, though Gutwrench and Avien awake with roaring headaches asleep atop the bar. After a plain breakfast, as that is all any of you can keep down at this point you make your way to the large manor that you believe is Lord Padraigs abode. Along the way you walk through the sleepy village, passing a few shops as well as a temple, though from the outside there does not seem to be any spefic god of worship.

When you approach the gates into the manor, two guards halt your approach.

"You must be the adventruers Salvana told us about, looks like that fight with the kobolds really did a number on you. You can go right in, Lord Padraig is expecting you."

You enter the commodious manor, the building is of very fine stone craftsmanship, but it is also fairly plain. What you would expect from a small time noble.

In the front hall is a middle aged man, he wears fine clothing, though they do not seem overly pretencious. He has short cut white hair and striking green eyes.

"Greetings travellers, I am Lord Padraig, though you may call me just Padraig my family hasn't truly held lordship over these lands since the duchy was assimilated by the Waterdavians, but the people of this town trusted my fathers judgement enough to leave the running of the town to the family even without any lordly obligation. I hear you fought off some kobolds on the road from Waterdeep? I must hear this tale please come in"

Padraig leads you to a small antechamber, there are comfortable seats all around, a large pot of what appears to be coffee sits in the middle of the room on a table.

"Please help yourself to any of the coffee, I had it shipped all the way from Thay, it is simply divine. Now I first off I would like to reward you for your work fighting off those kobolds, they have been ambushing trade caravans for months now, to the point that its not safe enough for merchants to come to Winterhaven. I've tried to convince the militia that the problem needs to be dealt with but they won't listen, if it doesn't threaten their farms they feel it can be ignored. They dont' realive that without trade we can't get the goods we need to stay alive. First off I would like to reward you"

Padraig pulls out a small bag of coin and tosses it to Avien.

"You will find 50 gold pieces in there for your efforts, those kobolds you fought off though is only a small part of their band. They are hidden out in a cave to the east of town. There is twice as many gold in it for you if you dispose of the whole lot of them. Please, Winterhaven must have its trade back ."
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Xavier Nightstalker on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Xavier poured himself a mug of the coffee and after taking a long sip spoke to the Lord,

"Thank you very much m'Lord, I'm glad we could help keep the road safer. I think we would be glad to help clear out the band of beasts, but if they are as large in number as you say we would need more gold than that. They are some of the craftiest Kobolds I've ever encountered and they managed to do quite a number on us before we were able to take them out. Why my Gnome friend here was about ready to say his last rites before we managed to slay the beasts. I think we would need at least 200 gold, and much of that would be just for equipment repairs. Oh and where did you say this coffee is from? It truly is marvelous."

Bluff against the Lord: 1d20+7 21
avatar
Xavier Nightstalker

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-06-10
Location : [REDACTED]

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4870

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 pm


insight check vs Xavier: 1d20+4 22

"I'm afraid 200 gold pieces would be quite impossible, we are a small community with small means. 100 gold pieces should more than cover you for expenses. I will even talk to Thrair Coalstriker about repairing any of your equipment free of cost. I assume you won't be needing it though good sir. The offer as originally proposed is what I am willing to offer, any more is simply extorting the plight of our poor town for financial gain and I am certain noble men such as you would not stoop to such levels."
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Carric Eladar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:46 pm

"Thank you for the refreshment, but no. I'd sooner not have anything tainted by the poison of Thay pass my lips.

Before we agree to anything specific, I for one would appreciate any further details you happen to have about the kobold's at the cave. Their numbers, their leadership, anything like that. I prefer not to go in blind."
avatar
Carric Eladar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4759

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 pm

"I mean no offence good sir, Thay simply produces the best coffee in all of Faruen. Perhaps I could intrest you in another drink? Belia! Come bring this man a drink"

A halfling women in a maid outfit rushes into the room and stands expectantly in front of Carric


"I'm afraid I can't offer you much, sadly convincing anyone but the Regulars to even scout the area has proven impossible and they are far to few in number. The Captain of the Guard has reported that he believes that there are around a dozen kobolds, though the amount of movement in and out of the cave is heavy enough that he is not sure of their exact number. They are lead by someone called Irontooth, but who this Irontooth is is a mystery to us all. Other than that we simply know that they raid any and all trade caravans into the town, killing and stealing from them."
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Carric Eladar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm

"Killing, and stealing? So still preferable to your Thayan... associates."
avatar
Carric Eladar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4759

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Alzor Flaninius on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 am

Alzor turns to the group " should we do it? Its not like the quarry is going any where. We can go there afterwards."

Alzor Flaninius

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Gutwrench Fizzlebottom on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 am

Gutwrench sits in a small chair in the corner, sipping coffee quietly. "Carric, are you sure you don't want some of this? It's cured my headache and Reginald really seems to be enjoying it, aren't you Reggie?"

The skull sits on a nearby stool, a pool of cooling coffee around it. "Also, I don't say no to adventure! As badly as I would like to find Stahl, these kobolds require a taste of Gutwrench's fire!"

After this small outburst, Gutwrench takes a small sip of coffee (pinkie out, of course) and pours a little more between Reginald's jaw bones.
avatar
Gutwrench Fizzlebottom

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4727

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Avien Flightsthane on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 am

Gratefully accepting the purse passed to him by Padraig, he nods in acceptance and thanks. Sitting his free time watching the proceedings he finds himself grudgingly impressed by the inherently noble nature in which Padraig governs "his" lands. Shaking his head at the sight of Gutwrench pouring coffee into the desiccating skull, he gratefully accepts a cup of coffee, having had similar, if lesser quality, beans available to him at the temple. Though he kept silent, the frantic worry was obvious to any who stared into his eyes that the thought of prolonging their finding of Uncle Douven truly disturbed Avien. He sulked, drinking his coffee at a moderate pace as his heart dealt with the conflict of being torn in his personal search or taking up pathway of justice, and helping to eliminate the Kobold threat.
avatar
Avien Flightsthane

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-06-26

View user profile http://www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dnd/cblaunch

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 am

Padraig stares at Gutwrench as he pours coffee all over his bear skin rug.

"Pelor give me strenght" he mutters to himself. "So then do we have an accord, you will be well rewarded for taking care of this little kobold problem for our village."
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Xavier Nightstalker on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 pm

"I'm up for it"
avatar
Xavier Nightstalker

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-06-10
Location : [REDACTED]

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4870

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Alzor Flaninius on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:31 am

"So am I" said Alzor nodding his head in agreement with Xavier.

Alzor Flaninius

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Gutwrench Fizzlebottom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 am

Gutwrench jumps up from his chair and slams his cup onto the ground.
"Let's kill us some kobold!! YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
avatar
Gutwrench Fizzlebottom

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4727

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Avien Flightsthane on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 am

"Myself and my companions would be happy to cleanse your realm of the Kobold threat, Padraig." Hangover-free, Avien looks askance at his companions and then back at Padraig. "Will you be providing us with a guide or map to the location, My lord?" He supposed they would pick up Douven's trail after dealing with the infestation. But oh, how his heart aches to save and find his uncle. Firmly trying his new purse on the inside of his belt, he readily awaits for the moment he and his companions depart.
avatar
Avien Flightsthane

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-06-26

View user profile http://www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dnd/cblaunch

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Alzor Flaninius on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 pm

After staring at Gutwrench and being surprised by his antics in front of the lord, Alzor readies himself to head out

Alzor Flaninius

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Kobold Ambush Suprise Round!

The party walked along the dustry road, it showed little signs of travel, here and there you could see nature begin to retake the seldom walked trail. Your enjoyable midday walk through the forest is interupted however. Suddenly you are surrended by kobolds, they dart around you and into your company. You had not seen them until they were on top of you. Three kobolds armed with short swrods and dragon scale shields descended upon poor Alzor, before he could even begin to hope to raise a defence their short swords where on him. He took two serious blows, one almost cutting hit leg right off at the knee. Alzor fell back fromt heir assault bleeding and badly injured.

Alzor
Spoiler:
Attacking Alzor: 3#1d20+7 26 8 24 2 Hits!
roll to hit carric: 2#1d6+3 4 5 9 damage!
You are marked by Kobold Dragonshields 1 and 2, you must include them in your next attack or suffer a -2 penalty

Gutwrench whisetly merrily whith his kobold skull companion, it was a fine day to be out and he couldn't wait to kill some kobolds. Suddenly in front of him appearsed a kobold wielding a spear, before Gutwrench could react the kobold struck, drawing a long scratch along his side.

Gutwrench
Spoiler:
Attacking Gutwrench: 1d20+8 16 Hit!

damage on gutwrench: 1d6 3
damage on gutwrench: 1d8 3
6 damage!

They were surrounded, Xavier had been in some tough situations before but never like this. How had he not seen them coming? As he pondered about what to do he saw a kobold wearing a bone mask carved like a dragonn dart between the rocks. A ball of acid came flying at him before he could dodge. It struck Xavier head on, the acid eating away at his clothes and skin.

Xavier
Spoiler:
vs Ref Xavier: 1d20+6 18 A hit!
damage xavier, acid: 1d10+3 12

Map

Spoiler:

Attacking Xavier

Illumination: Bright Light

Special Terrain: Bushes are difficult terrain, they provide cover both in and out of the bushes.
Boulders: Break line of sight, DC 15 Athletics to climb onto the boulder, costs 4 movement points.

Kobolds all have Shifty this means they can shift once per round as a minor action, if there special effects bar is not marked as shifted and you move adjacent to them they will shift as away to not be hit if possible.

Stat Block
Spoiler:

Xavier: H7, Hp 12/24, AC 16, Fort 11, Ref 16, Will 12, Healing Surges 7/7, Special Effects: Bloodied
Carric: I8, Init 15, Hp 28/28, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 14, Healing Surges 10/10, Special Effects: None
Gutwrench: F8 , Hp 19/25+3, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 15, Surges 7/7 Special Effects: None
Alzor: K7, Hp 3/12, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 13, Surges 8/8 Special Effects: Bloodied
Avien: J6, Hp 29/29, AC 20, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15, 12/12 Special Effects: Bloodied, Marked by Kobold Dragonshiled 1 and 3
Kobold Dragonshield 1: L6, Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Kobold Dragonshield 2: L7, Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Kobold Dragonshield 3: K8, Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Kobold Wyrmpriest : D2, Hp 36/36, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 15, Special Effects: None
Kobold Skirmisher: E7, Hp 27/27, Ac 15, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 14, Special Effects: None



Roll Initiative!
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Avien Flightsthane on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Initiative: 1d20 9
avatar
Avien Flightsthane

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-06-26

View user profile http://www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dnd/cblaunch

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Carric Eladar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Carric had been somewhat distracted when the kobolds struck, allowing himself to simply appreciate the warmth of the day, but, luckily for him, he was not one of those hit in the initial violence, so he was not caught entirely flatfooted.

As he recovers from his initial shock, Carric levels his spear preparing to charge one of the kobolds attacking Alzor, and hoping to get there quickly.

Initiative: 1d20+1 13
avatar
Carric Eladar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4759

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Gutwrench Fizzlebottom on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Gutwrench, waiting for action the entire time the party had been walking, feels the cut of the spear before he can react... but flashes a quick, bloodthirsty smile at his opponent and prepares to exact vengeance.

Initiative roll: 1d20+1 19
avatar
Gutwrench Fizzlebottom

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4727

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Xavier Nightstalker on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Initiative: 1d20+4 9
avatar
Xavier Nightstalker

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-06-10
Location : [REDACTED]

View user profile http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4870

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Alzor Flaninius on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm


Alzor Flaninius

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Dungeonmaster on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Gutwrench: F8 , Init 19 Hp 19/25, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 15, Surges 7/7 Special Effects: None
Kobold Wyrmpriest : D2, Init 19 Hp 36/36, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 15, Special Effects: None
Alzor: K7, Init 16 Hp 3/12, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 13, Surges 8/8 Special Effects: Bloodied Marked by Kobold Dragonshiled 1 and 3
Kobold Skirmisher: E7, Init 14 Hp 27/27, Ac 15, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 14, Special Effects: None
Kobold Dragonshield 1: L6, Init 13 Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Kobold Dragonshield 2: L7, Init 13 Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Kobold Dragonshield 3: K8, Init 13 Hp 36/36, AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 13 Special Effects: Resist acid 5
Carric: I8, Init 13, Hp 28/28, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 14, Healing Surges 10/10, Special Effects: None
Xavier: H7, Init 9 Hp 12/24, AC 16, Fort 11, Ref 16, Will 12, Healing Surges 7/7, Special Effects Bloodied,

Avien: J6, Init 9 Hp 29/29, AC 20, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15, 12/12 Special Effects:None

Gutwrench is up!
I am on deck!

Map updates will be posted once a round on the skrimisher/dragonshield turn
avatar
Dungeonmaster
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-05-24

View user profile http://snarkwar.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum